– Happy Bear Cooking, Michael Qandah
Happy Bear Cooking x Mad Girls Mag
Vegan Crunch Wrap Supreme
Enjoy this Happy Bear recipe cooked up exclusively for Mad Girls Mag.
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cups of peanut oil or veggie oil (for frying)
- 16oz of mushrooms
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Vegan sour cream
- 4 small (4 inch) corn tortillas
- 4 large (the bigger the better) flour tortillas
- Start by boiling ½ cup of water and pouring into a bowl with raw cashews. Make sure the water is covering the cashews, then cover the bowl and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix all of the spices from the spice mixture in a small bowl, stir to combine and set aside.
- In a deep skillet add the 2 cups of oil and heat over medium heat, for 3-4 mins. Take corn tortillas and cook in oil for 1-2 mins, or until golden brown. Remove from oil with tongs and let excess oil drip off, and place on cooling rack or on paper towels.
- In a food processor, or chop by hand, place all the mushrooms and pulse till its chopped into small pieces. Make sure not to over chop it, it should be chunky….not a paste.
- In a large pot, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil, over medium high heat until it starts to simmer. Add mushrooms and cook till mushrooms start to release liquid, about 3-4 minutes. When the liquids are released add the Spice Mix and mix thoroughly, and cook for 5-6 mins.
- For the Nacho Cheese: Now that your cashews have soaked for 30-40 mins, combine cashews, the water it was soaked it in, and the rest of the Nacho Cheese ingredients in a blender, and blend till smooth.
- Now it’s time to put it together! Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place large flour tortilla in skillet for about a minute or till its softens. Place about ¼ cup of mushroom mixture in the middle of the the flour tortilla. Top with nacho cheese, then fried corn tortilla. I found spread a layer of sour cream on top of the fried corn tortilla makes it easier. Add lettuce and tomatoes.
- Here is the most difficult part, folding. Take the bottom and fold the edge to the middle. Rotate the wrap, counter clockwise, till the corner is at the bottom. Take corner and fold to the middle, rotate counter clockwise, repeat till fully folded. This should resemble a pinwheel.
- In the pan you heated the flour tortilla in, place wrap, folded side down and cook on medium high heat, for 1-2 minutes or until it develops a nice golden brown crust, repeat on the other side.
- You just did it, dump a bunch of medium, hot, or fire sauce that you have been storing in your car and enjoy!
Happy eating! xoxo